The Head of Marketing & Media Relations (HMM) will have overall responsibility for the institutional and retail (through Legg Mason) business’ marketing functions. The successful candidate will be responsible for business intelligence and strategy, creative services, marketing communications, etc. With senior management, the HMM develops the institutional business’ marketing and business plans and strategies and has overall responsibility for institutional marketing.
· Leads through highly complex initiatives and requires in-depth knowledge of the competitive environment, technology, economic and social implications aligned with strategy
· Must possess strong business acumen. Must develop in-depth knowledge of the Company’s products and services
· Should have 10 or more years of progressive experience in marketing and communications with demonstrated results in leading through complete lifecycles. Must have at least 5 years’ experience managing complex and diversified teams
· Requires excellent oral and written communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
· Possesses significant experience with current media practices, marketing tools and techniques, especially social media
· Strong attention to detail
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management, Communications or related discipline
MBA or other Master’s degree a plus.