The new hire will be a member of the NY based Application Delivery group working directly on the trading desk. As part of this group, the individual will be responsible for requirements gathering, designing, developing, testing, and supporting front office reports and related systems applications and services. The developer will have a high level of interactivity directly with the trading desk and will be required to design and build systems that facilitate their workflows and reporting needs. The role requires analysis of various data sets, internal and external, for correctness, discrepancies and outliers as well as researching the root cause of any data issues. He/she must coordinate with various internal and external teams for sourcing data analytics, benchmarks and other data sets. He/she will use Tableau, SQL and potentially other languages as required in the design and development of front office fixed income portfolio management reports and related applications and systems. He/she may also be required to play a significant role in providing production support of related systems and operations in a timely and professional manner. He/she will also need to help manage and mentor junior members of the team.
- Understand current and required front office fixed income reports, systems, data, and databases
- Work with business units to translate client needs into project plans and identify operational business requirements with sufficient detail and clarity to the IT solution development team.
- Identify and document functional requirements, work flow, system specifications, and test cases.
- Quickly gain knowledge of downstream and upstream systems and data impacting front office reporting and systems
- Work independently and/or with teams to consistently deliver and support high-quality solutions to business users
- Contribute creative and innovative ideas to user-experience and technical design discussions and processes
- Develop and deliver high-quality, tested code based on requirements and user-experience discussions
- Efficiently manage multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously and accurately track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Provide effective documentation of user-solutions and technical decisions where appropriate and effective
- Provide production support of related systems
- Communicate effectively in all matters related to responsibilities
Specific Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and problem solving skills with the ability to understand complex issues and workflows.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in technology as an engineer, manager or business analyst.
- Sound data analysis skills to identify exceptions, patterns and mapping rules. Attention to detail while grasping the big picture.
- Excellent software design skills with proven ability to build and manage complex systems within the enterprise.
- Ability to work independently and see project through from inception to production.
- Strong experience (6yrs+) and knowledge in SQL, preferably Oracle
- 5+ years programming experience in several of the following: Python, R, SAS, Java.
- Knowledge and experience in fixed income products and investment management domain
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, and capable of independent critical thinking and problem solving
Specific Knowledge and Experience Preferred:
- Experience with BI data governance and administration
- Experience with Tableau API and third-party tools a plus