Work closely with Portfolio Managers to support daily investment management activities; identify and explain portfolio dispersion; provide analytical as well as programming support for various project/processes. Assist with portfolio construction and cash flow management. Support trade workflow including allocations and preclear process. This role will also be responsible for much of the administrative tasks assigned to a fund manager.
The analyst duties can be expected to touch all aspect of portfolio management as it relates to various investment strategies. The examples below are meant to be indicative of the work but not all encompassing.
Analytical and Programming
Support Investment Team objectives with other WA teams
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving ability
• Excellent financial, mathematical and statistical skills
• Solid knowledge of a major programming language, i.e. Visual Basic or ability to quickly learn how this language is used with MS Excel and MS Access.
• Able to work in a high pressure environment
• Self-starter with good communications skills, expected to contribute ideas and opinions to the team.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, i.e. Mathematics, Science or Engineering; Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) encouraged.