- Provide strategic and day-to-day team leadership to Derivatives team focused on:
* Futures and Options trade processing (trade confirmation, security setup, Bloomberg pricing validation, send trade allocations and
reports to executing and clearing brokers, generate variation margins, reconciling margin breaks).
* Working with custodians and clearing brokers to resolve collateral fails and variation margin breaks.
* Monitoring and processing option expiries (option exercises and assignments) – determine whether options are ITM/ATM/OTM;
reconcile holdings and assigned contracts with clearers, post trades and notify all concerned parties.
* Swaps Trade processing – confirm trade details and terms with counterparty, set up and send term sheet to custodian and
counterparty with trade allocation, manually adjust trade price if necessary, posting and sending trade tickets. *
* Participates in complex swap and option structure valuation discussion across functional groups.
* Represent the organization internally and externally as a subject matter expert in and provide support for and effectively communicate* * * Derivatives initiatives and goals to staff within the group and related departments.
- Manage relationships with clients and assure that existing customers of the business are satisfied from an operational perspective. Ensure that existing customers internally are satisfied from an operational perspective. Attend to all client requests to make sure that quality and client satisfaction are maintained.
- Provide broad overall staff direction to ensure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial and operational goals and objectives.
- Challenge staff in the department, provide leadership for growth and development of staff. Training and development initiatives will also be needed in the near future.
- Anticipate and provide solutions to the most complex business and securities operations problems. Strategize with technology to devise and implement solutions to drive better operational systems and support.
- Work with portfolio management, product development, systems and/or compliance staff to develop procedures and protocols that support new or enhanced Derivatives products and services.
- Spearhead special projects and task force assignments. Provide leadership in areas specific to Derivatives division.
- Monitor derivatives industry best practices and apply to internal process accordingly, updating procedures as needed.
- Monitor external operational and regulatory guidelines and assure the Firm’s adherence to required securities laws.