The analyst duties can be expected to touch all aspect of portfolio management as it relates to various investment strategies. The examples below are meant to be indicative of the work but not all encompassing.
- Prepare and analyze daily reports to monitor portfolios within their style peer group.
- Review daily Compliance reports for action items.
- Communicate investment decisions and demand appropriately to sector teams; monitor and follow-up as required.
- Understand derivative, currency and swap overlays and monitor sector team responsible for maintaining overlays.
- Monitor portfolio cash flows. Work closely with sector teams to maintain target allocations.
Analytical and Programming
- Solid working knowledge MS Excel and MS Access, or other programming/query tools, to address ad hoc question and work with existing models that support existing workflows.
- Work with PM team to conduct ad hoc analysis of strategies contemplated looking at risks, reward and correlations potentially across multiple asset classes
- Responsible for pre-trade compliance workflow, including trade entry, allocations and hedge calculations.
- Ensure that trades are posted timely, meeting all Settlements team and market deadlines.
- Monitor status of analytic, rate and pricing data within systems, specifically trading system tools, reports, cash management system, benchmark and data warehouse; escalate issues appropriately.
- Prepare materials for meetings with Client Service department.
- Respond to client requests.
- Monitor our Business Process Management tool and process tasks assigned for account transitions.
Support Investment Team objectives with other WA teams
- Provide feedback to the Security Master Team regarding security classification, capital structure, legal status, domicile, etc.
- Provide feedback as required to Pricing team
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent financial, mathematical and statistical skills
- Solid knowledge of a major programming language, i.e. Visual Basic or ability to quickly learn how this language is used with MS Excel and MS Access.
- Able to work in a high pressure environment
- Self Starter with exvellent communication skills, expected to contribute ideas and opinions to the team