Development of IM tools and marketing materials
- Support credit analysts by conducting industry-specific and issuer-specific ESG research.
- Facilitate and participate in ESG engagement with issuers.
- Analyze and model ESG risks at the issuer and portfolio levels.
- Contribute to ESG thought leadership.
Support IM objectives by working with other Western Asset teams
- Prepare analysis for client ESG reports and facilitate responses to other client requests.
- Work with Risk/Analytics on ESG research and portfolio risk/return assessment.
- Propose ideas for ESG reports and tool enhancements.
- Participate in quality assurance and release testing with Technology department.
- Monitor our BPM for account transition tasks.
Provide trade support for ESG portfolios as needed, e.g.:
- Assist with portfolio construction and cash flow management.
- Identify outliers and suggest remediation strategies in a timely fashion.
- Review Compliance reports for action items.
- Communicate maintenance trades to Portfolio Managers.
- Monitor benchmark changes and sector strategy shifts; anticipate implications for portfolio structure; communicate with Portfolio Manager regarding changes.
- Review monthly performance attributions; raise issues with Portfolio Managers.
- Pre-trade and night cycle batch compliance workflow.
- Work with Compliance to implement guideline transitions.
- Facilitate reviews of proposed guidelines for new ESG accounts and account transitions.