As a Separately Managed Account Portfolio Analyst, you’ll play an important role as a member of a team that manages in excess of $20 billion in investment grade taxable securities across multiple strategies. Works closely with Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Traders, and Portfolio Analysts to support Investment Management daily and provide analytical as well as programming support for various projects/processes. At the direction of the Portfolio Managers or the SMA manager, responsible for trade execution. Work on Agency Mortgage Backed and Investment Grade corporate securities taking into consideration the technical and fundamental understanding of market trends, credit analysis, and relative value within the asset class.
What you will do:
• Provide Portfolio Managers with ongoing information about market sentiment, trading environment,
trading volume and price volatility, monitors and maintains cash positions.
• Execute securities purchases and sales authorized by Portfolio Managers, oftentimes very high
• Review daily Compliance reports for action items.
• Monitor portfolio cash flows. Work closely with Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Analysts to maintain
• Responsible for pre-trade compliance workflow, including trade entry and allocations.
• Ensure that trades are posted in a timely manner, meeting all Settlements team and market
• Become knowledgeable regarding client guidelines and maintain open communication with
Client Service and Compliance departments.
• Overtime, participate in client and prospect meetings as well as due diligence meetings, sometimes
• Assist in daily workflow including investing new accounts and contributions, processing withdrawal
requests including trade entry, allocations and maintenance on over 40,000 accounts.
• Attend various weekly meetings with the Investment Management team.
What you will bring:
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Maintain clear communication channels among Analysts, Traders, Portfolio Managers
• Excellent financial, mathematical and statistical skills.
• Market knowledge and related trading experience.
• Ability to suggest, buy, sell and hold recommendations for securities as needed.
• Proficiency with Bloomberg, Barclays Live and MS Excel.
• Understanding of trading concepts, protocol and vernacular.
• Incumbent must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Academic Qualifications (minimum requirements):
• Undergraduate degree.
• Graduate education strongly preferred.
• Industry experience in a related field may offset academic requirements.
• Five+ years of Fixed Income sales / trading experience preferred.
• CFA/MBA or desire to pursue preferred.