Your leadership will shape our organization
Information Technology drives our business at Western Asset, and our people are critical to success. That puts your leadership and ability to develop highly skilled teams on center stage. As a Manager of the scrum masters (SM), you will inspire your team to create best in class solutions and develop best practices for our agile teams. Specifically, the SM Manager skill lies in coaching and mentoring scrum masters so that they can coach our PO and Dev team towards higher efficiency and delivering maximum value to the organization. Therefore, as a Manager of Scrum Master you will ensure that teams adhere to agile principles and best-practices, improve processes by continuously inspecting and adapting, and build relevant and durable solutions. You will collaborate with other Managers, EPs and the Agile Office to identify key challenges and areas of improvement. Ready to deal with a diverse group of technologists and business stakeholders, you’ll be energetic, well versed, resourceful and above all, an agent for continuous improvement.
What you will do
- Establishment of standards and guidelines in partnership with the Agile Office, Engagement Partners and fellow managers
- Coach staff and teams by mediating through conflicts and impediment removal
- Coach and educate the entire IT department on the principles of agile
- Create, report, analyze and take action on regular AO metrics provided on team performance
- Equip Western Asset and its people with the skills and tools that support value creation opportunities now and in the future.
- Work with teams and Executive Leadership to remove impediments and optimize the value stream.
- Create a culture of empowerment and transparency amongst staff and teams by creating an environment of trust that is fail-friendly.
- Coach and develop your team
- Foster communities of practice, champion best practices and set standards
- Be a transparent role model
- Facilitates all agile ceremonies
- Agrees to help all team members understand the concept of being agile & also help to adopt best practices of agile
Advance the Software Engineering Practice
We’ll look to you to develop a first class product mindset focused environment for our business through high performing agile teams. We’re looking for an adaptable individual who is passionate about technology and nurturing talent. A servant leadership mind-set, can-do approach and experience working in an agile organization are essential to foster an environment in which teams are empowered teams in order to realize their maximum potential.
What you will bring
- Experience acting as a Scrum Master for one or more teams, diligently applying agile principles, theory and practices.
- Mentality of accountability in order to assign tasks and hold people accountable to the tasks so that the entire sprint is not affected
- Ability to build and develop High performance Teams utilizing the Career Framework
- Proficiency with developing the appropriate metrics that provide information for decision-making
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Team needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Collaborate across groups
- Influence rather than command Scrum Master